Re: Nginx caching issue (and feedback on server installation in implementers manual)

Hi Olav

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Olav <op.registrering@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> was following the implementers manual to set up a server for the Gambia. All
> worked fine, except for nginx caching(?) - using the "template"
> configuration in the manual, the formatting/layout of DHIS2 is removed.
> Commenting out the below block fixes the issue. Any suggestions for what I'm
> doing wrong?
>
> # Root points to your DHIS webapp location, update it!
>
>   location ~
> (\.js$|\.css$|\.gif$|\.woff$|\.ttf$|\.eot$|^/images/|^/icons/|^/dhis-web-commons/.*\.png$)
> {
>     root     /home/dhis/tomcat/webapps/ROOT;
>     expires  4d;
>   }

Make sure that the root path (in this case root
/home/dhis/tomcat/webapps/ROOT) is actually pointing to the extracted
war location on your server.

> Apart from that, the new server installations instructions are good, as
> opposed to last time I tried to follow them... Only thing I really miss was
> some more guidelines on configuration of memory, postgres etc related to the
> memory available on the server. Something along the line of, "if you have 8
> GB total, allocate X for shared memory, set postgres variables to Y1, Y2,
> Y3, set JAVA_OPTS to Z1, Z2, Z3". I understand it might be difficult to give
> general recommendations, but some guidance on this would be good.

It says under 8.1:

-
For this guide we assume that 4 Gb RAM is allocated for PostgreSQL and
7 GB RAM is allocated for Tomcat. If you are running a different
configuration please adjust the suggested values accordingly.
-

So you adjust the values used in the guide according to that.

Lars