baffled with web api

Hi Morten

I am struggling to grasp something (well actually to do something)
which I thought would be fairly simple, and probably even is if only I
knew how ...

It has to do with where you have been clever with the
AbstractCrudController in the web api.

Something like DataSetController extends this.

Currently /api/dataSets returns you the full list of datasets
formatted in html.  And using either the extension (.xml or .json) or
accept headers we can get xml or json renditions of the same.

But I want to return an alternative xml description of the structure
of the datasets (lets call it as data structure definition or DSD).
Is there any way to map a request which uses either an extension (eg
dataSets.dsd) or accept header (eg application/dsd+xml) which DOES NOT
get routed through the getObjectList method of AbstractCrudController?

Bob

Follow ups