learning how to navigate dhis2 sourcecode and flow

Hi Guys

I have picked interest in the DHIS2 project, currently am trying to learn
the  code flow so that i can get actively involved in the development
process and contribute towards the development of some modules at a later
stage.

this is my understanding of the code flow using struts mvc

when a user logs in, execution goes to the InitAction.java action class.
but then in the action class i cant find the code that generates the
objects sent to velocity pages.(main.vm&mainForm.vm)

here is the mapping in the struts xml file

 <action name="index" class="org.hisp.dhis.dashboard.action.InitAction">
      <result name="success" type="velocity">/main.vm</result>
      <param name="page">/dhis-web-dashboard-integration/mainForm.vm</param>
      <param name="hideMenu">true</param>
      <param name="stylesheets">style/dashboard.css</param>
      <param name="javascripts">javascript/dropdown.js</param>
    </action>

please could some one let me know where the code generating the objects
sent to velocity is located!

thanks in advance!

--
Regards