Re: [dhis-mobile] [mobile] DHIS Mobile 2.11 released

Dear team,

Thanks for the release we are very excited with the addition of SMS
reporting.

Uganda has about 4 use cases and planning more.

1.    Under the Saving Mothers and Giving Life project in 4 districts in
Uganda a project aiming at reducing maternal and neonatal death, we have
set up a weekly reporting system for two mortality indicators (Number of
women of reproductive age dying during the week and Number of infants dying
after 24 hours after birth every week). Over 3000 community/village health
workers are supposed submit reports by sms every week. In the last two
weeks we have managed to get over 300 community workers submit their
reports.

2.    Elimination of Mother to child transmission of HIV (EMTCT); 9
indicators were selected for monitoring the program on a weekly basis and
DHIS2 mobile reporting using SMS is currently  rollout country wide.

3.    HIV and CD4 quality control and Quality assurance reporting managed
by the Uganda Virus Research Institute in Uganda. Proficiency testing
result reporting from HIV and CD4 testing centres country wide are supposed
to report back their test results using DHIS2 sms reporting. System testing
was done with 535 facilities and contracts with the SMS aggregators are
being finalized to rollout to over 3000 testing centres to report quarterly
– HIV and bimonthly CD4.

4.    Discussions on using DHIS2 sms reporting for the Global Health
Security in the Emergency Operation Cnetre for Uganda as part of the Global
pilot in Uganda and Vietnam are underway to code disease and symptoms of
interest.

In all the above we are able to send bulky sms to users and groups on
individuals through the DHIS2 send sms platform. Especially for the
Community health workers, we are supposed to send out MCH related campaign
smses to all the community Health workers. For the HIV/CD4 proficiency test
results reporting systems, we send out actual results to testing labs to
grade themselves.

Regards

Prosper

--