Re: Metadata's use of List

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 1:28 AM, Saptarshi Purkayastha <sunbiz@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Is there a reason not to use a Set here instead?

I'm sure some of them can be made sets. But I think the main reason was
that we wanted a stable order. For most of the types, this doesn't matter,
but for organisation units, we are exporting according to level. Not sure
how useful this is, since I'm currently also doing the sort before starting
a OU import.

This is also used for generating the API web-pages, so that all types are
sorted on names. Which makes paging etc more stable.

I guess you could also use a SortedSet for this.

--
Morten