Re: Requirement

Hi - you seem to want to use the system for recording individual
transactions, rather than data reported in a pre-stablished interval using
a recurrent reporting frequency. Perhaps you should use Single Event
without registration?

Regarding your UI requirements, you can create a custom form that could
incorporate jscript, so you can achieve what you describe in your email.

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Barnali Bhaduri <barnali760@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Dear All,
> We have the following requirement for an data element. Please let me know
> what will be the best way to implement it in DHIS2
>
> Say the aggregate data element is ABC for a facility, Facility 1
>
> 1. On the 1st date (the day when the system starts) for a Facility the
> Admin Facility Staff will enter initial current value of ABC in a data
> entry form (UI-1). Say the initial value is X.
>
> This form will be entered
> 1. On the first day of implementation
> 2. Once in a while when required to manually override the value of ABC
> Facility staff will rarely use UI-1
>
> Nice to Have requirement:
> When the form is edited it will be great to have a time-stamped history of
> this record only if the system automatically does it
> .
> We will not like to have any "Frequency" (Period) , that needs to be
> manually selected. But as it seems a required field, we can make the
> Frequency Yearly. If that is the case, is it possible to have a job that
> will copy the value of ABC of 2013 to 2014 at mid-night of 31st December,
> 2013 automatically?
>
> 2. Ongoing basis the Facility Staff at the Front desk (different from the
> admin staff), will be using another form (UI-2) to increment ABC by 1, with
> a single click
>
> The initial ABC value will come from the UI 1. Say, it is X.
>
> It will have the following layout
> ABC =  _X__ (not editable) [Increment Button by 1]
> The facility staff will click on the increment button. With one click the
> value of ABC will become X + 1.
>
> The facility staff may do this click once, more then once or not at-all on
> a single day. It is not required to capture the time-stamp of these clicks.
>
> The requirement is that the staff entry will be ONLY in the form of
> clicking the buttons, nothing else.
> There should be minimal amount of manual data entry required in this
> screen. If any data is required (e.g: Organization Unit) it should be
> only a single value and defaulted by the system (e.g: Organization Unit
> defaulted to Facility 1)
>
> The basic idea of the requirement is as following:
> 1. The facility admin wants to make this easier for the staff as much as
> possible while wants to keep the duty segregated.
> 2. They want to have two UI, one for initialization and manual override
> and other for one click update (not editable)
> 3. They are not so concerned about the reporting part. It is good to have
> the audit , history etc to understand the performance of staff, but not at
> the expense of making it difficult for the staff in their already burdened
> day.
>
>   Thanks
> Barnali Banerjee

*Rodolfo Meliá*
*Principal*
rmelia@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.knowming.com
+1 708 872 7636
+44 777 576 4090
Skype: rod.melia
Twitter: @RodolfoMelia <https://twitter.com/RodolfoMelia>

Note: Please note my new email address, which I will be using for PSI
related work: rmelia@xxxxxxxxxxxx