Interested GSOC student on idea -Dialplan (PBX) generation for patient communication

*

Hi All,

I am a Mphil student of University of Colombo School of Computing, Sri
lanka. I have worked in software industry, 1.5 years for opensource
software companies. I’m well experienced developer in java/ jsp-servelts/
jquery. I have written several research papers also.

I’m interested on idea -Dialplan (PBX) generation for patient
communication. I have already downloaded the sourcecode build it on
Eclipse. I’m reading the documentation and trying to get better
understanding of the source code specially the DHIS2-Tracker section.

I tried to run the dhis.war file and standalone program, but could not
succeed. It gave me this error “Exception in thread "Thread-2"
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space” Seems to be a memory problem,
i’m running this on my laptop having 2Gb RAM. Does it need lot of memory to
run?

Will it be interested to create some mockups for the user interfaces that
I’m planning to develop and submit with the proposal?

Below is brief about my opensource experience related PBX systems.

I have worked for projects Feasibility study to enable Freedom Fone with
voice-based Emergency Data Exchange (FF4EDXL) (
http://lirneasia.net/projects/2010-12-research-program/ff4edxl/) and

Voice-enabled Information Communication Technology for Disaster Management (
http://lirneasia.net/projects/2010-12-research-program/voiceict4d/) as a
Reserch assistant/ Analist programmer.

We have used Sahana Eden (http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/) a well known
disaster managemed system combined with Freedomfone (http://freedomfone.com/)
an opensource IVR build using FreeSWITCH. The basic workflow is; when
disaster happens ground level coordinators call the system and leave a
situation report, later they may call asking for their disaster needs.
These voice messages routed to Shana system and converted into text and
saved.  Central hub operators act upon the messages they have received.
This video explains the scenario in more detail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47owqEgBjXk&feature=youtu.be

Thanks

*

--