[GSoC] Interested in participation

*

Hello,

My name is Rafaela. I am currently pursuing a MSc program in Computer
Science at the Technical University of Denmark, after finishing my Computer
Engineering BSc program at POLITEHNICA University in Bucharest.

I have a big passion for self development and an equal passion for IT and
programming. I have experience with Java, Android, C/C++ and python
development. I am a very fast learner and I am a goal oriented type of
person. I also find it important to work with deadlines and I have
experience with working in international projects.

I am looking for a challenge in doing something that matters and that can
help society. While I was browsing through the project ideas submitted to
Google Summer of Code I found your project and I think that your work is
amazing!

I especially like the idea about the mobile application for a health worker
workplan! I instantly thought about applying for this! I think it is
something that can make a difference. While I think the idea of monitoring
mothers and their children from ante-natal care to post-natal care and
further is a very good usability case, I also consider that the app can be
made to be used in other cases as well (e.g. tracking patients who have
suffered from strokes or suffer from diabetes for instance). As I see it,
the app can be made in a way in which the purpose of the workplan can be
generated based on the patient’s need. Also, I believe the app needs to be
easily extendable in the future, because this has a high potential and it
can have a high impact on society.

I also took a look and played with the demo (apps.dhis2.org/demo) and I saw
there are some steps already made in the mobile direction. I wanted to ask
if the project would involve taking this further or would it involve making
a new app from scratch. However I suppose that since the steps seem to be
only for a web version, in order to provide offline functionality, a native
application would be better.

I would be interested in having more information about the purpose you have
considered for this idea and also, I would be very interested what else can
I do before applying in order to get even more familiarized with the
project.

Have a nice day,
Rafaela Voiculescu*

Follow ups