GSoC 2013

Hello everyone,

I am a third year undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Information
Systems. I am interested to work with DHIS-2 . GSoC 2013 is a great
opportunity to give it a start.

I have worked on Probabilistic Graphical Models with Roostats(CERN), for
Google Summer of Code - 2012. The project consisted of construction and
sampling of Bayesian Belief Networks.

I had taken up a formal course in Software Development for Portable Devices
at my institute. The major component of this course was Android application
development. As a semester project, I also developed an Android app for a
travel startup. The app currently uses local server and the companies'
algorithms. It has to be ported on their server. The basic version of the
app is ready, with few customizations required to be launched.
Currently I am working on a team project on Wireless Network Management
System, where my part is related with making the front-end user (Android)
application for the system with ROR back-end.

I am really interested in Android Application Development and Natural
Language Processing. I have gone through the list of projects provided on
GSoC-2013 page. Given my skill set, I am interested in the following
projects:

   - Create metadata sharing tools to export & import subsets of DHIS2
   metadata.
   - Allow data entry from OpenDataKit (ODK*) <http://opendatakit.org>*
   - Mobile application for Health worker workplan

Currently, I am going through the documentation, as provided here:
http://dhis2.org/documentation

I am also going through th demo app. I am also trying to understand ODK.
Please let me know further pointers, so that it would be a good time to
start building the application.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Shruti.

Follow ups