 From: Rajib Sengupta <rajibs123@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "dhis2-devs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dhis2-devs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2013 2:33 PM
Subject: [Dhis2-devs] User level setting and Default value in Data Entry form

Hello,

DHIS2 Version: 2.11
Build revision: 10445

This is not an bug but understanding of DHIS2 functionality as such no logs are attached.

The requirement is as following :

We have a org-unit ABC for which we have a user , user1 which can only enter data for dataset X (frequency daily).
We have another user, user2, of the same org-unit X, who can enter data for dataset X and Y as well as can do single event without registration for a program P

We want to achieve the following :

1. When user1 logs in he will be presented with "Data Entry" screen while when user2 logs in he will be presented with "individual record/single event without registration". Is it possible to have different Start page for different users or is it a global setting only?

2. When user1 logs in in the "Data Entry" screen the organization is pre-selected with org-unit ABC by virtue of the organization association. In that data screen the ONLY value for "DataSet" should be PRE-SELECTED  to X and the ONLY value for "Period" should be PRE-SELECTED to the current period (in this case as it is daily frequency so it should be current date). We know how to provide access to user1 to dataset X, but not sure how to achieve showing One and Only default value (Highlighted by the word ONLY and PRE-SELECTED) in these two fields (Data Set and Period). That means, we want user1 to NOT choose any value from the dropdown for both dataset and period field, instead use the defaulted values only

3. This situation is very similar to above with the only difference being in this case it will not be the ONLY value. When user2 logis in the "Data Entry" screen the organization is pre-selected with org-unit ABC. In that data screen the value for "DataSet" should be Defaulted/PRE-SELECTED  to X though the user can choose dataset Y as user2 has access to both X and Y. Similarly,in the Period field, user2 can choose any period from the dropdown, but the default/PRE-SELECTED value should be the current period (for daily frequency to current date).  Again, we know how to provide access to user2 to dataset X & Y , but not sure how to achieve the PRE-SELECTION in these two fields (dataset and period).

4. Lastly, when user1 is logged in in the system at period end (i.e at 24.00 hour of the current date), is it possible to systematically (automatically) change the Period to the next period (i.e in the case of dataset X to the next date) . This is related with question 2, i.e. how to show a single, pre-selected current period value in the "Period" field of a custom form.

Please let us know the best possible option to achieve this in DHIS2. Is it possible to do with configuration, javascript etc or do we need to change the core DHIS2 code to achieve these functionalities. If code change is required please provide us few pointers so that one of my team developer, who is a good Java developer but started in DHIS2 can pick it up.

Thanks,
Rajib

www.missionarogya.org