 From: Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Barnali Bhaduri <barnali760@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "dhis2-devs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dhis2-devs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, 20 April 2013 8:44 AM
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-devs] Automatically copy data from current period to new period

Hello Barnali,

thanks for your request. Currently we have no plans to support such a requirement. However, this should not be hard to accomplish through an external script. You could use the web api to pull out the values you need, save it, change the year of the data value set and push the values back in using curl or other http clients. Since it only happens once a year you may consider triggering the script manually.

Documentation here:

http://dhis2.org/doc/snapshot/en/user/html/ch25.html

regards,

Lars

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Barnali Bhaduri <barnali760@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

>We want to achieve the following in DHIS2:  At Mid night of period end we want to copy data from
the current period to new period automatically without any user
intervention

>As an example, For OrgUnit Z and Dataset X,  frequency is "Yearly" which have two Data Elements A and B.
>Current period is 2013. And the values of A and B for 2013 is 5 and 7 for
Orgunit Z. At midnight of 31st Dec 2013, we want the data element of A
and B values (i.e. 5 and 7) will be copied to next period 2014.