From: shruti gupta <shruti22011991@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-devs] GSoC 2013
To: dhis2-devs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Saptarshi Purkayastha <sunbiz@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear Sir,

I have gone through the links you provided and also through the project
ideas once again to decide on writing a proposal on one of the projects.

I would like to apply for the following project:

   - Mobile application for Health workers.

I have read through the project idea provided and have tried my best to
understand it with respect to DHIS.

I have a few ideas/doubts for/about the application to be built:

   - Since we need to make Aggregate data entry at the end of each period,
   we can have  a reminder option for the health worker, adjusted according to
   his specifications, so that he does not miss the date.
   - Regarding the configurable data sets and data elements: By
   "configurable", you mean that the health worker at his end can
   reduce/increase the number of entry fields that he wants, right? In that
   case, do we need to limit the maximum number of data elements that can be
   added, to guide the GUI?
   - To account for the sparse network, we can implement this: Whenever the
   user is out of Network range, the application can keep sending TCP requests
   to the server in the event of timeout. This can go on till the worker is
   within range. In the event when the data exceeds storage, the application
   can give following options to the user: 1. Send by SMS. 2.Manage manually
   3.Delete data.
   - Logging of geographical location can be conveniently done using
   Android Smartphones, and this can well be the highlighting feature of the
   application.
   - I am still looking up for appropriate resources on integrating rich
   media with android. It would be great if you could throw some light on the
   project's requirements of the same. I am sorry, if that is a wrong question
   to ask.
   - Given the data the health worker entered, do you want a visualizer to
   generate a graph/chart of the same and also send it to the server?
   - I am planning on designing a simple UI based on the Web API. Please
   let me know if you have some thing specific in mind.

I have started working on my proposal on the above lines and the provided
information. Please let me know any further pointers.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Shruti.