Re: [Dhis2-users] Server specifications

Hi Orvalho

On 1 May 2013 15:07, Orvalho Augusto <orvaquim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It is true that hardware prices have decreased a lot.
>
> But for me it seems too excessive these recommendations. So I am wondering
> how we arrived to these recommendations. Would be nice if we share that.
>
> And for professional solutions it is not only one big machine you buy. You
> must have two. So when one dies you have the other ready.
>
> Some other things to be tried are:
> Instead of using one big muscular server you might need to consider to use
> one machine for webapplication and other database.

I agree that having a separate machine for the database can be a good
thing.  As long as they are connected with a good Gbs backbone.  This also
allows you to optimize the two machines differently.  I know in Rwanda they
have got away with fairly humble hardware so far by doing this.  Though
moving to 2.11 could still prove challenging.

Bob