Puzzling problem with datamart

Hi devs,
I am having some issues with some data elements not appearing in the data
visualizer (and other modules which depend on datamart). Using the latest
2.11 file.

I get expected results from the analytics pivot tables, but nothing for the
"Past twelve months" as a relative period in the DV.

Looked at the aggregateddata value table where this should appear, and see
a some periods, but no monthly values (this is how the data is collected,
by month).

SELECT startdate from period where periodid in (SELECT DISTINCT periodid
from aggregateddatavalue where dataelementid = 80);
 startdate  |  enddate
------------+------------
 2012-01-01 | 2012-12-31
 2012-01-01 | 2012-03-31
 2012-01-01 | 2012-06-30
 2012-04-01 | 2012-06-30
 2012-07-01 | 2012-09-30
 2012-07-01 | 2012-12-31
 2012-10-01 | 2012-12-31
 2013-01-01 | 2013-06-30
 2013-01-01 | 2013-03-31
 2013-01-01 | 2013-12-31
(10 rows)

Looking at the data values table, just to be sure.

SELECT startdate,enddate from period where periodid in (SELECT DISTINCT
periodid from datavalue where dataelementid = 80) ORDER BY startdate DESC;

startdate  |  enddate
------------+------------
 2013-03-01 | 2013-03-31
 2013-02-01 | 2013-02-28
 2013-01-01 | 2013-01-31
 2012-12-01 | 2012-12-31
 2012-11-01 | 2012-11-30
 2012-10-01 | 2012-10-31
 2012-09-01 | 2012-09-30
 2012-08-01 | 2012-08-31
 2012-07-01 | 2012-07-31
 2012-06-01 | 2012-06-30
 2012-05-01 | 2012-05-31
 2012-04-01 | 2012-04-30
 2012-03-01 | 2012-03-31
 2012-02-01 | 2012-02-29
 2012-01-01 | 2012-01-31
 2011-12-01 | 2011-12-31
 2011-11-01 | 2011-11-30
:
So, the raw data appears to be there.

I see no obvious errors in the logs. I did check the "Monthly" option for
the data mart.

I find this really strange. Any ideas what may be going on? For other data
elements collected in the same form, I do get monthly values.

Regards,
Jason

Follow ups