Interesting blog post about the cost of DHIS 2

Hi,

Here is an interesting blog post on the cost of DHIS 2, and Free and
Open Source Software in general:

http://www.datadyne.org/2013/05/global-dev-where-free-means-expensive/

Not sure where he got the idea that a national, or any, HIS
implementation can be free from, but I guess he has a point that it is
important to be clear on what part is free.
We can definitely be better at providing guidance on the
implementation costing, although I don't think we have been trying to
hide the fact that training thousands of users can be expensive.

The freedom aspect of free software is of course not mentioned in his
blog at all....

Ola
------

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
HISP
Department of Informatics
University of Oslo

Mobile: +47 48069736
Home address: Eftasåsen 68, 0687 Oslo, Norway. Googlemaps link

Follow ups