Re: Mobile Visualizer

Hi Yuriy,

Why do you get a cross-domain issue??
Is it because you are developing on localhost and the server you are using
is http://apps.dhis2.org/demo <http://apps.dhis2.org/dev>?
All DHIS2 URLs support Basic Authentication... so all you have to do is
pass the authorization headers.
Thus, I dont think we need a separate URL for authentication. Also tokens
for getting this done during the summer is not feasible IMO.

To deal with cross-domain calls, I suggest you to do either one of the two
things.
1. Put all your CSS, HTML, JS inside a folder in expanded tomcat dhis and
run tomcat. You'll be hosted in the same tomcat as DHIS2 and hence not have
cross-domain issues
2. If you wish to work with the your mobile app from localhost and make
calls to dhis2 demo, you can start Chrome with flags:
chrome.exe --disable-web-security -–allow-file-access-from-files (or
similar in Linux)

Also, since this will be mobile app, the mobile browser WebView or what
have you for the different platforms, allow cross-domain calls. So that
will not be a deployment problem.

---
Regards,
Saptarshi PURKAYASTHA