Re: [Dhis2-users] dhis to submit anonymous data

Hi Lars and Jason,

Good idea, and good questions about security.

One way to approach IP address security is to not record them anywhere (and make sure the central server to which the data is sent does not keep any log of them.) If the central server doesn't know the IP addresses, they can't be divulged to any third party.

A very different approach to openness and security is taken by the optional OpenMRS "Atlas module". This opt-in module allows an OpenMRS installation to provide information that is available in a public OpenMRS "atlas" of implementations. The atlas can facilitate interactions between OpenMRS community members, including prospective members, and it also serves as publicity for OpenMRS as well as the implementers. I'll leave it for others to say whether DHIS2 administrators would feel comfortable or even welcome this kind of public information for their implementations. See http://openmrs.org/atlas/ for the OpenMRS atlas itself, and https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Atlas+Module+User+Guide for the atlas module user guide.

Cheers,
Jim