metadata import

Hi

I have been exercising the metadata import/export functionality through the
api.

Importing metadata (orgunits) works fine for superuser role.

I added a new role, synch, which has metadata_import privilege, and a synch
user with that role.

Now when I import metadata by posting to /api/metaData everything appears
to go fine.  No errors in the logs and even an indication that orgunits
have been imported.  But no database updates actually happen.  (I verified
this with log4j.logger.org.hibernate.SQL = DEBUG).

I've hunted through the privileges list looking for likely candidates, but
haven't found anything that will work yet other than ALL.  Morten am I
missing something?

Bob

Follow ups