Re: Formulas and connections between DataElements and Indicators

Thanks Bob!

You are right in the sense that the indicator becomes redundant, but I
think we will still need it because we can train the end-users in the use
of formulas and indicators inside DHIS2, but stored procedures is quite
hard if they don't have much technical skills. So the idea I think is to
define a function in plpgsql to make a copy of the value of the indicator
into the dataelement (knowing the period and source of course) linking the
function to a trigger. Please correct me if I am wrong, as I don't have
much experience using triggers.

Also, when you introduce an indicator into a dataset, when does the
indicator update its value? (when you click in the complete button of the
dataentry maybe?) and which table stores the value of the indicator?
(attributevalue?)

Thanks
Jose