Re: Monthly completeness of weekly datasets

Hi Olav,

we simply use the start date of a week and see which month it falls within.
This applies to all period types.

This has the consequence, which you point out, that for a month you the
system might include a week which is not currently finished, and hence
cannot have any data, making the completeness statistic funny.

There might be better ways of handling this, like not including periods in
aggregation periods which are not complete. On the other hand, a week must
contribute to a month in any case - it is also not that good to include
weeks which starts in a previous month.

Aggregating weeks to months is in any case dodgy business and I am not
aware of any standardized rules for this (please educate me if someone
knows better).

cheers

Lars