Why no Category Combinations for Patient Domain type data elements?

Dear All,

I have noticed that data elements defined with Patient Domain type cannot have category combinations. Please why is this so?

I have a data element defined with Aggregate Domain type and the data element has category combinations (Sex + Organization type). Pls see the attached screenShot.

The challenge is that values for each of the data fields in the screenShot must come from data aggregated from the Tracker side of my DHIS2 application.

Following the instructions titled Sample of person aggregation on page 241 of DHIS2 2.12, I tried creating a corresponding data element on the tracker side to match my data element 22a (screenShot) but realized my tracker-side data element cannot have the category combinations like we have in the screenShot.

I am thinking of creating several data elements (Patient domain type) that will map to each of the data fields in the screenShot as follows:

22a(t) # of individuals who received HIV prevention capacity building through step-down technical assistance - NGO_Male
22a(t) # of individuals who received HIV prevention capacity building through step-down technical assistance - NGO_Female

22a(t) # of individuals who received HIV prevention capacity building through step-down technical assistance - CBO_Male
22a(t) # of individuals who received HIV prevention capacity building through step-down technical assistance - CBO_Female

22a(t) # of individuals who received HIV prevention capacity building through step-down technical assistance - FBO_Male
22a(t) # of individuals who received HIV prevention capacity building through step-down technical assistance - FBO_Female

22a(t) # of individuals who received HIV prevention capacity building through step-down technical assistance - intGvmntal_Male
22a(t) # of individuals who received HIV prevention capacity building through step-down technical assistance - intGvmntal_Female

22a(t) # of individuals who received HIV prevention capacity building through step-down technical assistance - Gvmntal_Male
22a(t) # of individuals who received HIV prevention capacity building through step-down technical assistance - Gvmntal_Female

22a(t) # of individuals who received HIV prevention capacity building through step-down technical assistance - HFacility_Male
22a(t) # of individuals who received HIV prevention capacity building through step-down technical assistance - HFacility_Female

Please ignore the 't' in parenthesis; it's just to signify (to me) that the data element is the tracker side equivalent.

The strategy is that data collected in the data element:

22a(t) # of individuals who received HIV prevention capacity building through step-down technical assistance - NGO_Male  in the tracker module, would

be aggregated into the corresponding data field in the screenShot and so on.

My next questions are:

Will this approach work?
Would you consider this approach as a good way to achieve my aim?
If not, please could somebody kindly suggest a better, more efficient way of handling this situation?

I would appreciate a very clear step-by-step directions to solving this problem.

Thank you,
John

John Ojo MD, FMCPH

Accra, Ghana.