Has anyone developed a TB-MDR patient tracker module for DHIS-2

Hi all,

We’ve been asked to advise on software that the national level TB program can use to track TB multi-drug resistant patients.  They are not collecting a lot of data, but want nominative lists to better follow outcomes.

Has anyone done something of this sort using DHIS-2 patient tracker module that might inspire the Rwanda TB program as we begin thinking about the appropriate tools.  The TB program already collects their quarterly aggregate data using DHIS-2.

We’re also looking at OpenMRS, which has a TB case management module already developed, but it collects a lot more data than is required and more work for health facility level staff.

Thanks,

Randy Wilson
Senior HMIS and Data Use Advisor, Ministry of Health/Rwanda
Integrated Health Systems Strengthening Project
Management Sciences for Health, Inc. (MSH)
BP 371
Kigali, Rwanda
+250-788308835

Follow ups