Re: Importing Organisation Units

Jason's explanation is very comprehensive, I would just like to add that
you would not necessarily need to employ a scripting language, as it is
relatively straightforward to generate the required XML or SQL strings e.g.
by just having a formula with an  INSERT string in one column and filling
in OU name etc from other columns.

We also have plans for an app to facilitate the loading of metadata such as
orgunit hierarchies directly from Excel.