Re: Data Element Category Combinations

Hi Farai,

the categoryoptioncombo table is in fact very much part of the schema and
has foreign keys from the categoryoptioncombos_categoryoptions
and categorycombos_optioncombos join tables.

The point with category option combos is that we need a single foreign key
in the datavalue table which links it to the category model - this because
a data value can be linked to any number of category options and we cannot
have a dynamic number of columns/foreign keys in the datavalue table to
each of them. So the categoryoptioncombos represent a unique set of
category options, allowing a single row in a single table to be linked to a
data value.

regards,

Lars