Re: Setting MinMax Values

I think I agree with Lars as well. Our use case was we wanted to restrict
values between 0 and 31, and not do it with a validation rule, to provide
visual clues during data entry.

As an aside, one may also want to calculate these values and save them to
the database. The current algorithm uses a standard deviation approach,
which is problematic, in that in many cases the data which is typically
observed does not follow a normal Gaussian distribution. Other statistical
models often provide better estimates of the mix/max, but currently, cannot
be calculated automatically by the system. If these values are calculated
externally in some statistical package, they can be inserted back into the
system (or even automated).

Regards,
Jason