API for pulling Multilingual Labels?

Hi - as part of some of the apps that we are coding, as well as 7 complex
custom forms that we are about to build (they will have some JScript for
logic), we will need both (apps and forms) in 3 languages (total 21 forms
if we use the current way of doing things).

Does the current metadata API has a function to retrieve multilingual
values?
What we are looking is the possibility to retrieve the Name, Form Name or
Short Name of a DataElement, Category or Option Set  in the current-user
language by passing the UID or Code.

If this functionality doesn't exist at the moment:
- Should it be added to the metadata api?
- Should it be part of the Categories/ Data Elements/ api?

PSI will be happy to contribute on the development of this under your
guidance.

Rodolfo

Follow ups