Re: API for pulling Multilingual Labels?

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 12:32 AM, Rodolfo Melia <rmelia@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can see that you are thinking about the whole metadata model - nice.

That's the idea - thanks.

> All we seek to get back is the label on the current user locale, and we
> only need Categories, Data Elements and Data Set Sections labels at this
> stage.

Okay. We plan to make this generic so it applies to all objects which
current support translations.

> Also, when you are in a custom form - how can you know what language is
> the current user set to?

I imagine needing to add some extra text, which will need multiple
> translations. We can embed such text on the HTML of the page, as long as we
> know what's the current language, and then display accordingly.

Good point. That and other user settings should be easily available in the
web api, probably at /api/me. Will try to fix that shortly.

cheers

Lars