Re: SMS Data

The service is necessary because the incoming http thread only puts the
message into the db, and a separate thread parses messages. This is for
performance reasons to make sure a large burst of sms does not crash thf
system or drop messages. But we may be able to start the service thread by
default without the need for an incoming sms service. Note that some of the
incoming gateways are also outgoing gateways (modem and smpp).

Lars