Surveillance Alerts - Sending Alerts

Dear Team and Jim

Thanks for this validation rule type that helps us send alerts above set
thresholds. Am planning to implement it on one of our use case - Maternal
and Neonatal Weekly death reports. Basically I want sms sent to a group of
users whenever a maternal or neonatal death is reported.

First of all the two challenges I have are:

- Sending to users assigned a given user role as opposed to sending to
users in a given group. Its easier to send to a user group as opposed to
the current design that only allows to send to users assigned a given user
role. First of all am not sure what different authorities this role should
have. Secondary in a situation where I have no rights to create a user role
I cant implement this like the case of Uganda national DHIS2.

So I would suggest we either add sending to a user group.

- Ability to localize the alerts to the hierarchy; right now we can only
send alerts to a central team otherwise it creates a lot of noise if we
send to user of lower levels for them to be relevant. A user in districts B
may not be interested in alerts from district C would rather only receive
from his only district. But currently if a user in District B is assigned
the alert role, he/she will receive alerts from all districts.

Regards

--
Prosper Behumbiize, MPH
Phone:        +256 414 320076