Re: New DHIS2 android client released (ver 1.5)

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you for testing app. Here is some comments on reported
issues:

If I'm only part of one org-unit, then maybe I shouldn't have to select it?

If I'm only part of one org-unit, maybe I shouldn't have to choose it? It
> could come up as default?

No problem, will fix this in next release.

With predictive keyboard setting ON, entering server URL is almost
> impossible. Input box sims to auto-complete while typing the url
> 2. I also have the input issue that's mentioned in the thread. I can
> seriously not enter the address..

After a small research, I've found out that property which was assigned to
server editbox is not supported on some devices.. It seems that companies
like samsung, htc and others who use their own ROMs, violate native android
api in. Consequently, such kind of errors appear.
Will be fixed in next release.

4. When on data entry screen, the upload button/function sometimes isn't
> obvious. Maybe you could put it on the top menu or something? Most of the
> time, the upload button is now hidden by the keyboard. And I have to press
> 'Next' till it scrolls all the way down.

5. The scroll-bar on the data-entry screen also seems to be hidden behind
> the keyboard. Basically that annoying keyboard seems to get in the way a
> lot.

All issues with keyboard in data entry screen have one common root: android
can't handle properly editboxes in listviews.
Consider this example: user taps editbox to enter value. In order to show
keyboard on screen, android redraws views, as result focus on edittext is
being lost. Hence user has to tap the same edittext again in order to get
focus and enter value.
There is one hacky solution to this issue: to restrict drawing of views,
and allow keyboard to overlap them instead. Consequently, scrollbar is
hidden, 'upload' button is hidden' and user can't reach the last element in
list without hiding keyboard.
I've thought really a lot about this problem, and only solution which seems
suitable is to replace editboxes with *dialogs *which will
contain editboxes.

For reasons unknown, my keyboard sometimes changes to character mode
> (instead of number mode) when I scroll down the screen.

The reason why this happens is that android loses editbox from visible
zone, as the result InputConnection between editbox and keyboard is being
lost and keyboard is restored to initial state (char mode).

3. Re-login: I logged out, then tried to login back, specifying all
> required credentials but i kept getting *"please try again"* message
> indefinitely. I tried logging to another server, and later logging in back
> to the initial instance and it was successful. Not sure what was the cause
> of the problem.

This message is being shown when there is any kind of network error (*excluding
authorization error and url not fount error, in this case particular
message will be shown*). So I suppose that problem was in persistance of
network connection.

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 6:38 PM, Peder Andreas Nergaard <andreasn@xxxxxxxxxx