Down Scaled Images

Greetings!

We, the Mobile Team are planning to implement *Image Reports on a Mobile
Phone*. Where the users could download and view the charts on their Mobile
Clients. Right now we are downloading the full 800x500 to the phone and
then re-size it so it would be viewable in a small screen. It would be of
great help if the server could offer ability to provide *scaled down images*.
So it would be:

   1. Easier to transfer on the network, specially on intermittent or slow
   internet.
   2. Lesser memory consumption on the Mobile Clients.
   3. Less CPU/Memory intensive as the Mobile Clients doesn't need anymore
   of re-sizing the image.

I'm thinking something like a Query String. Something like:

*<URL>/data?scaleWidth=176&scaleHeight=220*

And this would give me a scaled image of the size of *176x220*. It is also
important that text, headers, labels, etc. remains readable on the down
scaled image.

Thanks! I'd like to open a discussion on this feature.
Paul

Follow ups