Re: Down Scaled Images

Hi Lars,

Does this affect font size? We're potentially talking veeeery small images here.

_Andreas_

On 11. mars 2014 13:08, Lars Helge Øverland wrote:
Hi Paul,

you can do this:

http://apps.dhis2.org/demo/api/charts/X6mK8NSNXxn/data?width=405&height=294

Lars

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Paul Mark Castillo <paulmarkcastillo@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:paulmarkcastillo@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Greetings!

    We, the Mobile Team are planning to implement *Image Reports on a
    Mobile Phone*. Where the users could download and view the charts
    on their Mobile Clients. Right now we are downloading the full
    800x500 to the phone and then re-size it so it would be viewable
    in a small screen. It would be of great help if the server could
    offer ability to provide *scaled down images*. So it would be:

     1. Easier to transfer on the network, specially on intermittent
        or slow internet.
     2. Lesser memory consumption on the Mobile Clients.
     3. Less CPU/Memory intensive as the Mobile Clients doesn't need
        anymore of re-sizing the image.

    I'm thinking something like a Query String. Something like:

    *<URL>/data?scaleWidth=176&scaleHeight=220*

    And this would give me a scaled image of the size of *176x220*. It
    is also important that text, headers, labels, etc. remains
    readable on the down scaled image.

    Thanks! I'd like to open a discussion on this feature.
    Paul