Re: [Dhis2-users] DHIS 2 - week

Hi Shantala,

As Knut's email alludes to , along the article which you shared hints at,
there may be different definitions of what an "Epi Week" actually is.

It is therefore that DHIS2 has adopted the ISO standard definition, which
can be determined with precision, due to the rigor of its definition.

In your case, is you requirement that your week begins on Sunday instead of
Monday, with the first week being determined by the "The first epi week of
the year ends, by definition, on the first Saturday of January, as long as
it falls at least four days into the month"?

A question to the developers...would it be possible to support a "user
defined period type", which would require that users create their own
start/enddates? I realize that this would create problems for the offline
features of DHIS2, but this requirement, along with similar ones in
countries which do not use the Gregorian calendar, point to the need for
something more flexible than what we currently have.

Regards,
Jason