Re: Standards for Aggregated Data Definitions (Element and Indicators) in Health

Hi Greg,

when it comes to the actual content/vocabulary for such a data dictionary I
suggest that you turn to your own organisation (HISP SA), as I don't think
you will find anyone else with more experience in defining meta-data, data
elements and indicators in particular. A lot of the DHIS 2 implementations
around are still pretty "young" in the sense that we computerize existing
paper forms, often with too extensive use of break-downs, non-sensible data
element names and so on. The work that SA has done over the last 18 years
in rationalizing and minimizing data sets/elements should be included in
such a standardization effort.

regards,

Lars