Re: 'Average' Aggregation does 'Sum' instead

Hi Lars - thanks for the quick reply.

I though AVG was valid within the same data-collection period as well as
across time. If this is the case, how do you calculate an average within
the same data collection period? AN indicator that divides the DE that has
the answer between valid answers? Normally that will be completed forms,
but such variable is not available as a denominator. We will have to use a
different Data Element that count valid answers. Last, such indicator will
make sense within the same period, but not across periods, as it will give
you an incorrect value, I think.

Are you sure that AVG only makes sense across-time? Wouldn't be better to
also use the same logic within the same period? What's the rationale? If
there anyone out not wanting AVG to be calculated on the same data
collection period as across periods?

*Rodolfo Meliá*
*Principal  |  *rmelia@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: rod.melia  |  +44 777 576 4090  |  +1 708 872 7636
www.knowming.com