Re: "Atomic" data validation rules

Sounds good to me as well and think it will be very useful.

Another feature we should probably think about as well, is extending this
type of thing to indicators. We have forms where we need these validation
rules, but also it would be neat to have indicators be also able to be
defined by the pattern of the common category combos. As an example,
consider below:

Number of people who tested HIV negative (by Male/Female + Age groups)
+
Number of people who  tested HIV positive (by Male/Female + Age groups)
+
Number of people who tested HIV indeterminate (by Male/Female + Age groups)
=
Number of people of people tested for HIV  (by Male/Female + Age groups)

The indicator/calculated data element (Number of people of people tested
for HIV) would then "inherit" all of the category combo options of the
component parts. Right now, we would need to define many separate
indicators for these calculated totals, which is a bit clunky.

Regards,
Jason