Restriction of the analytics process to certain time periods

This may have been brought up before, but we get some data sometimes,
submitted in faraway time periods (like 1-1-0001). No clue really how this
gets in there, but it exposes a weakness in the analytics, in that if data
exists from these ancient (or far in the future time periods), many
thousands of tables will be created (since a table will be created for each
year, based on the minimum and maximum period).

I would like to suggest that we implement a mechanism (perhaps a system
setting)  to restrict the analytics to certain time ranges, namely

1) Ignore data for the analytics before...
2) Igonore data for the analytics after....

Regards,
Jason

Follow ups