Facing issues creating programs using /metadata api

Hello,

We created  "Program" using "/metadata" api.

Problem we faced:  On "Event Capture Screen", when we try to create new
event, we get error : *"No active event exists for single event no
registration program"*

When we tried looking into issue, it seems that When we create a program
from dhis screen(without using api), another object called
"programInstance" is created for a program.

But that never happens when we use "/metadata" api to create program.

We tried looking into "/programs" api to create a program so that it takes
care of creating "programInstance" object for the program. But it seems
there is no such api.

Just want to confirm 'if you are planning to write that api' or 'do you
want us to write the same'.
--
Thanks,
Mansi Singhal