Relative Periods in Pivot Tables & reports

Dear All,

As I see in pivot tables and almost all reporting modules that if we need to use relative periods, the maximum months we can view backwards is 12 Months (relative to the reporting period).

I have a requirement that I need to show monthly data for more than 12 months backwards. For example, I need to dynamically show data starting at month X year Y up till the current reporting month. Is there a possibility that we can have an option like "Last X months" and specify the value of X.?

I think this is very important feature to have because it allows us to show relative data that spans more than 12 month of time in a single report.
At our organization, we have data based on projects spanning more than a year, so if we want to show an indicator history over the time of the project, we need to show the data from the start of the project up till current month.

Awaiting your feedback.

Thank you

Maheed.

Follow ups