Requirement related to indicators - Target vs achieved

Dear All,

I have a requirement were for each data element I need to define a "Target Value" that is to be achieved in a future period (i.e. "Target Date" ).
We need this to be able to track the achievement % for each data element against its goal/target.
I know we can define indicators and calculate them by dividing the numerator (i.e. data element) by another target indicator. But this doesn't fulfill our needs for the following reasons:

1-      the data elements we need to measure are project based, and they follow the start-end period of the project. A project can start in the middle of a year and end somewhere next year. So we need to show the progress of the data elements from the start date of the project till the end of the project.

2-      We need to show inside our reports both the actual (cumulative) value of the data elements and the % achieved till date. In addition to the remaining value to reach the target. Since there is no direct relationship between the actual data element and the target one, the only way we can show them together is by creating & customizing standard reports. since we need to show all data elements grouped by project, and for each data element we need to show the Achievements vs Target, this makes report design very complicated and time consuming. We are looking for a way to minimize the number of reports we create and make them more dynamic.

I don't know if anybody have similar issues or requirements like this one.
I think 2 thinks are missing here:

1-      Cannot define the target value for a data element within the data element itself. It should be defined using another data element

2-      The target value are not time-bound. This means we cannot set that the target value should be reached starting date X and ending date Y.

Is there a possibility this kind of requirement be solved/achieved using DHIS?
If anyone have similar requirements, what is the correct/clean approach to implement it in DHIS?

Hope I delivered my point well...

Thank you.

Maheed

Follow ups