JavaScript onValueLoad for Datasets?

Hello all,

Looking at the manual, we've got two functions we can use inside the
datasets, If I use an alert
like: alert($("#Zdx2UHSluH7-efg0iPzSOl7-val").val());

   - onFormLoad - This functions looks to occur before data values are
   populated from past data entry activities, so the alert box is empty
   - onValueSave - This function looks occur when a value is
   entered/modified, but it does not if the value has already
   been entered from a previous data entry session

Is there function that will fire when a datavalue is populated from the
database? Any other ideas?

I had an idea to do the following:
http://apps.dhis2.org/demo/api/dataValueSets.xml?dataSet=C2lyrnptn5H&period=201403&orgUnit=k06A6pVmlFq
with an xml parser in javascript, but that seems to be overkill, just need
the value from one dataelement

Timothy Harding
PeaceCorps Volunteer
Republic of Vanuatu