Re: Attributes for Program

Hi Mahendra,

no it is not at the moment. However the attribute solution we have for data
elements, org units, etc is easily extensible and it is a good idea to add
it to programs.

I have written a blueprint here:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/dynamic-attributes-for-programs

If you feel like taking it on it should be pretty straightforward.
Basically you need to add a:

Set<AttributeValue> attributeValues to Program, and then add the
corresponding hibernate mapping for the join table:

    <set name="attributeValues" table=programattributevalues">
      <cache usage="read-write" />
      <key column="programid" />
      <many-to-many class="org.hisp.dhis.attribute.AttributeValue"
column="attributevalueid" unique="true" />
    </set>

Then add to the UI in data admin module.

If not, then we can do it early in the 2.18 iteration.

best regards,

Lars

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 8:04 AM, Mahendra Kariya <
mahendra.kariya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a requirement to capture custom metadata field for programs. For
> org units, datasets etc. we create a new custom attribute. Is there
> anything similar for programs?

Follow ups