Creating Sync between Linode(External Server) and Local Server

Dear All,
Sierra Leone wants to finally migrate to an online server (External
server hosted outside the Ministry) but we will like to create a daily
backup of that server locally in case anything goes wrong.
My questions:

1.  We need a help with a script that can create a sync between the
External Server and the Local Server (at least twice a day)

2. Is there something we should know from past experiences about
hosting servers on the cloud

Please feel free to share anything and I will be grateful to learn new
things about dhis2

Gerald

Follow ups