Fwd: OpenMRS - DHIS2 Report module

FYI
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: srimaurya kummamuru <kmit.maurya@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 1:50 AM
Subject: Re: OpenMRS - DHIS2 Report module
To: implementers@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: dev <dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I agree that it might be an alternative to have no dependency on SQL
queries and utilize reporting module's cohort queries for people not
familiar with SQL.

Roger Friedman created an excellent model for that, leveraging the
OpenMRS's cohort system and the DHIS disaggregations. That is what i
believe is what you are referring to. Here is the link to that wiki

https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/OpenMRS-DHIS2+Integration+Module+-+User+Guide

But this module directly integrates both the system data and does not
follow any preferable international standard such as SDMX-HD. This can be
probably modified based on requirements.

I was working on this as my GSOC project but after the timeline I had not
been able to spend much time on it as I had my exams and other reasons. But
that project is comparatively a larger one and would take longer to
complete.

But, I am not aware of any popular requirement of it in the community. If
there are many interested people then we can reboot the module and I can
help out with defining the tasks and helping out anyone interested to work
on it if not work on them myself. If required, we might even use this
year's GSOC as a potential way to boost up it's development.