Re: DE Name limited to 150 char by DHIS2 UI

Hi Crizelle,

good point. It's actually supposed to be 160, I have corrected that now.
The misfit between db constraint and ui constraint is unfortunate but its
the UI one that's most reasonable.

The reason why we constrain it is that these kind of very long names really
makes the UI unusable - its impossible to read in most analysis modules and
you often cannot see the end of the text in the maintenance UI.

160 character is a pretty long name when you think of it. I would say its
not good practice to have such long names - better to find a way to reduce
the length of the name...

regards,

Lars