Re: Error while Accepting data

Hi Mahendra,

I have reviewed your patch, and tested the code with and without it. As far
as I can tell, the patch would break the intended working of the
F_ACCEPT_DATA_LOWER_LEVELS
authority. Here is what I am seeing:

Without the patch: If a user with F_ACCEPT_DATA_LOWER_LEVELS is assigned to
an org unit, they may accept approvals for lower levels under that org
unit, but they may not accept approvals for the org unit to which they are
assigned. This is how the authority is intended to work.

With the patch: If a user with F_ACCEPT_DATA_LOWER_LEVELS is assigned to an
org unit, they may accept approvals for that org unit, or for lower levels
under that org unit. This is not how the authority is intended to work.

If you are seeing differently, please let me know, and please provide more
details of your use case and configuration so I can reproduce your results.

Cheers,
Jim

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 7:24 AM, Mahendra Kariya <
mahendra.kariya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While "accepting" data, we are getting an error "Approval level not found"
> although the user has F_ACCEPT_DATA_LOWER_LEVELS authority. We were
> accepting the data at the org unit level defined in Approval Level settings.
>
> On investigating, we found that the issue is in
> DefaultApprovalLevelService.java.
> We have fixed the bug. The patch is attached with this mail.
>
> Please review and apply it to trunk.
>

> Thanks,
> Mahendra

Follow ups