Re: Possible issue with GML import

shp2gml is taken care of by ogr2ogr, as described in our manual.

Yes, someone could write a QGis plugin, but why should they, since we are
now working on a web app to do this. Granted, it does not (yet) include
reprojection, but it does include the other crucial step of generalisation
using http://www.mapshaper.org/.