Base url not always being applied (and other 404s)

Hi

I've been passing nginx logs through ossec and onwards into splunk.
In the process I find a few strange and sometimes interesting things.

One thing I see is a large number of 4XX messages, similar to the following:

GET /dhis-web-reporting/index.action HTTP/1.1" 404 0

The actual url should be prefixed with /dhis, like:

GET /dhis/dhis-web-reporting/index.action

I have not heard any complaints from users (fact is I don't know the
users on this machine) so I am not sure quite what effect this is
having on the user experience, but there does seem to be a number of
places in the application where the incorrect urls are being formed.
I've extracted and listed the ones which appear in my log file below:

/dhis-web-commons-about/redirect.action
/dhis-web-commons/css/account.css
/dhis-web-commons/css/login.css
/dhis-web-commons/css/widgets.css
/dhis-web-commons-security/login.action
/dhis-web-commons/security/login.action
/dhis-web-commons/security/login.action;jsessionid=XXXXX
/dhis-web-commons/security/recovery.action
/dhis-web-dashboard-integration/index.action
/dhis-web-dataentry/index-action
/dhis-web-reporting/displayViewDataCompletenessForm.action
/dhis-web-reporting/index.action

I wonder is there any kind of due diligence code grep we can do to
track down where these bad requests are being initiated?

Follow ups