Re: logging (for server administrators)

Lars this seems like a good development to me.  I presume we will
still be able to override with an external log4j config.  Sometimes
its more convenient to rotate by time (eg month) than by size.

I presume all the exception dumps (ie not "real" logs) are going to
end up in catalina which is fine.  We can work on catching them piece
by piece.