Re: Difference between attribute and disaggregate option for category combos

Hi Elmarie,

the data dimension type on category and category combo indicates whether
you want to use these as disaggregation categories (linked to data
elements) or attribute categories (linked to data sets). So attributes
refers to data set categories.

If you would like to create a data set category (e.g. one category option
for "preliminary" and one for "validated"), then you need to set these to
"attribute". So:

Category combo: "Output type" - data dimension set to "attribute".
Category: "Output type" -  data dimension set to "attribute".
Category options: "Preliminary output" and "Validated output".

You can now assign the "Output type" category combo to your data set, and
the data entry screen will allow you to choose between preliminary and
validated before entering data.

regards,

Lars